First thing is that our Accord is in need of a new transmission soon. It's an old car and we've debated what to do. We are leaning towards trading it in before the transmission gets bad and buying a new car. Yeah! New cars are fun! However choosing a new car... not so fun. We spent last weekend looking at cars and test driving them. We have narrowed it down to the GMC Acadia and the Honda Pilot and that's as far as we have gotten. I like both for different reasons and just can't seem to pick one. Maybe I should do another post about it with all my thoughts and y'all can tell me which to get!! I'm a Libra so I am blaming that for my indecision. But seriously, if anyone has an opinion or knows much about either model, please let me know! All I do is stress about what to do. And I suppose we could always forgo the new car and fix the old one, but I'm afraid we'll just keep putting money into a sinking ship at this point and might as well get a good trade-in before the transmission really gets worse.
In other news, Evan had his first dentist appointment this week. Just a real quick look at his teeth. He did really well and the dentist was super nice. The teeth look good she said. No decay. Bad news is that he has REALLY tight spacing so she said we should try to floss if possible which she normally doesn't recommend until age 4. And she said she will probably send him to an orthodontist earlier than other kids to make sure we start down the right path earlier rather than later. Otherwise, good job Evan with the appointment and our brushing!
Caitlin is doing great as well. I'll post more about her when I do her 10 month update this weekend. But, I will tell you that she is starting to do a lot more on all 4s and she loves to stand at things like her little table or holding onto the couch. And she does a great job imitating sounds we make.
Okay, and here are the pictures! Enjoy and send me car comments! I'd love to hear what you think about either model.
Caitlin and Baba at the Gypsy picnic - great food!
Evan and Caitlin on their first wagon ride together
Fun times at the Blankenship Wienie Roast!
Evan and one of his best friends Avery enjoying smores
Caitlin crawling on all 4s!
Yo, Mom, look at me!


No comments:
Post a Comment