But, she turned 9 months a few weeks ago. Crazy! She's doing great. Here are the stats from the Dr.
Weight: 17 lbs. 7 oz (25%)
Height: 27.5 in (50%)
Head: 17.5 cm (70%)
Note, that her weight is actually kind of low, but just 2 days earlier she was at the Dr. and weighed about 17 lbs. 13 oz... between then and her appointment she was sick with an ear infection and just not eating much so I think she might have lost a little weight. Still, she seems very healthy. Overall, the Dr. said she is doing great and right on with her milestones. She now will start eating solids 3 times a day and we will add meat at her dinner feeding. She seems to really love all the foods. She has liked everything we have tried so far. She is picking up puffs/cheerios with her thumb/finger really well and putting them in her mouth. She is exclusively eating formula now but is doing great with it.
She passes food and toys between hands. She loves to bang on things either with her hands or toys on the ground. She is crawling EVERYWHERE and loves to be moving... although she still is doing a sort of modified army crawl (not really doing the traditional on all 4s thing yet). She enjoys standing and tries to pull up on things. Her newest thing is to stick out her tongue all the time. She wants to grab everything and put it in her mouth.
This past month was busy with her baptism (which I blogged about). We had a very full weekend then and seems like every weekend since with playgroups, birthday parties, halloween parties, etc. We went to the pumpkin patch one day also which was lots of fun. With Evan in preschool, she gets two days a week where it's just her and the nanny so I think she is really enjoying that. She says ma-ma, ba-ba, da, ga, and loves to just babble to herself. She still has just the two teeth although I think she's getting more soon.
She has been sleeping great. Usually about 11 hours at night. If we are home, she'll take a morning nap for about an 1.5. However, most of the time we are running around with activities so she just kind of naps a little here and there. She will take a long afternoon nap of at least 2 hours (longer if there wasn't much of a morning nap). I really can't complain! The best part is that she and Evan nap at the same time for the most part in the afternoon so I can really get some time to myself - by that I mean clean house, do laundry, cook dinner, do work.
I'm trying to think what else she was doing by 9 months but I can't think of much at the moment. She's doing wonderful though and is just a joy in ours lives. We love her so much and are thankful everyday that she's part of our family. Time is just flying by... hard to believe it's almost Thanksgiving, then Christmas, and then her first birthday! And actually since I'm so late writing this, she'll be 10 months in just under 2 weeks. I uploaded her 9 month pics to the blog (see the right hand side of the blog for her album or just click on the very last picture which will take you to the picasa web album). Enjoy!
Caitlin with our nanny Elizabeth and her daughter Lucy (who just loves Caitlin and whom Evan loves to play with). They helped me try to get Caitlin to sit still for these pictures... we weren't very successful at getting a great shot, but what can you do!
Click this picture to be taken to her 9 month album!

No comments:
Post a Comment