Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Caitlin turns 10 months!

Can you believe I'm actually posting her monthly blog within just 3 days of her actual 10 month birthday?  Boy, am I on top of things!  Actually, I have some extra free time this week since I am off of work for the whole week.  And by free time I mean maybe 2 hours in the afternoon when I can do laundry, cooking, and all the other little things that have been piling up.  But, getting that done in the afternoon means time after the kids go to bed to do something else!

So, back to Caitlin.  Our little princess turned 10 months old.  I can't believe I was 7 months pregnant this time last year with a 15 month old... now I have a beautiful 10 month old girl and a running wild 2 year old boy!  Over the past month, Caitlin has just taken off.  She army crawls so fast that you really can't leave her alone for more than a second before she's across the room.  She has started to do all 4s but because it's kind of slow, she ends up just going down and army crawling to get what she wants.  However, she has realized that she can pull up much better from the all 4 position.  And she loves to pull up!  On everything from the couch, the trunk, the sides of the tub, and people!  She still hasn't managed it in her crib yet, but I think we'll be putting down the mattress soon just to be safe. The girl does not like to sit still (which means much less cuddling... so sad). And she is good at standing all on her own.

Caitlin loves to eat.  We have a fruit and cereal for breakfast, a vegetable for lunch, and a meat dish for dinner (all baby food still).  She LOVES to eat cereal and puffs which she picks up wonderfully with her pincer grab.  It's a great way to keep her content and still when we need to eat our dinner or I need to prepare dinner.  Here are a rough guess at her stats (since no Drs appointment and we just did them like 2 weeks ago so they aren't much different):
Weight: 18 lbs
Height: 27.5 inches
This month, we made a trip to Indy for my mom's surprise party.  I travelled on the airplane alone with both kids for the first time and it went fine.  Definitely tough to do, but not too bad and Caitlin was pretty easy for both trips.  She had her 2nd real illness (the first being the RSV when she was just a week old)... an ear infection. She had a high fever for almost 3 days but was a big trooper (just wanted lots of holding).  She's been sleeping like a champ for the most part. 

She usually does a 1-1.5 hour nap in the morning if we are home. Otherwise, it's whatever she can catch in the car while we are going from place to place in the morning.  She will usually nap 2-3 hours in the afternoon at the same time as Evan.  We always do bath time with both kids together at 8pm which is going great.  And then Caitlin will usually sleep from 8:15pm until almost 8am most days.  Most of the time she hardly makes any noise in the morning... just some talking to herself and quietly laying there.  She loves to make sounds and talk - lots of ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba and blowing raspberries.  She often repeats what I am saying.  She loves to clap and wave her hands.  Still a huge thumb sucker.  Still puts everything in her mouth.  We also had her 9 month photo shoot this month... I need to pick the pictures and then I'll post some.  We had lots of Halloween activities this month. She went as the most adorable Dorothy ever. 

Here is Evan's 10 month picture for comparison!!

Well, I guess that's all that comes to mind at the moment.  Hard to believe she'll be one year old in just 2 months.  I know the time will pass quickly since the Holidays are here.  I guess that means I should start thinking about a party!!  Happy 10 months to my absolutely, positively most precious daughter.

 Click on the photo below to see her 10 month picasa album!

No comments:

Post a Comment