Thursday, May 20, 2010

Indianapolis - The Children's Museum

On Tuesday, my mom, brother, and I took Evan and Caitlin to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis.  If you don't know, this is considered the best children's museum in the country.  They have so many exhibits for all ages, and they are constantly getting new ones.  Joan and Moira met us there.  We checked out the Dinosphere first. This area was really neat as it's in the old planetarium so they project storms and sunrise/sunsets on the ceiling which makes it feel like you are really in the time of the dinosaurs. 

Watch out for the T-Rex!

Evan and Moira checking out the exhibit

Mama, look a dinosaur!

After that, we headed up to ride the carousel... this carousel has been there since I was a little girl so I was very excited for Evan to get to ride it.  It brought back lots of memories of being there when I was little. 

Mom, Evan, Moira, and Joan

This is so much fun!

Another pony to ride - this one cost 5 cents.

After that, we headed down to the playscape.  This was an awesome area for little kids. They had a sand area, a water area, slides, dress-up, song times, and even a place specifically for kids under two.  We had fun playing there. 

Playing in the water - attempting to fish

Getting wet sleeves

We checked out the racecar on our way down see the Bob the Builder exhibit.


The Bob the Builder exhibit was pretty cool.  We don't know much about Bob the Builder but Evan enjoyed riding in all the different vehicles as you can see.  He also found some balls to play in.  He just kept running all over the place!

Vroom-vroom

Driving the dump truck

Here are the balls I was talking about

Evan with Bob and some cat who I'm sure has a name on the show

Anyway, we had a blast, and I was so happy to be able to take him to experience something that I enjoyed as a child.  It's one of those things that makes me miss living in Indy as I know we could go and enjoy it every week.  We will definitely try to make this a regular trip when we come to visit, especially since Caitlin was really to young to enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment