This year, early September was quite hectic. I started my new job just after Labor Day so I was determined to enjoy the last few remaining free days.
I took Ryan and Chelsea to Bryce's work for lunch.
We played soccer outside.
Love this pic of Caitlin reading a chapter book to Evan!
Boy Scout popcorn selling at Rudy's
But probably the biggest highlight was that Notre Dame came to Austin to play the Univ of Texas in their football opener. There was a lot of hype and activities surrounding this, and we had a lot of friends come into town for the game. I wanted to share a little bit of that excitement with the kids. So, the Saturday before the game, we rode the train downtown to attend the Pep Rally!
Ready for some fun
A train - probably the highlight for Ryan!
Ready to get hyped up about the Irish!
Cheerleaders performing
It was a little exhausting but it was a fun outing. The next day, Bryce and I headed to tailgate with friends and go to the game (scored some tickets thanks to Casey!)
Fred and Steve - fellow CPEGs that I haven't seen in years!
Bryce supporting ND for me :)
Mojo and Chas - great to see them!
Andy and Aaron - if you can't tell, Aaron's face is painted with an ND symbol and an OU symbol. Last year, he and Andy had a bet on the ND game (which ND won). Loser had to paint their face for this rematch!
View from our seats (which were pretty high up). It was an intense game - double overtime! Tough loss for the Irish which was to be the precursor to this not so great football season. Still, it was a fun weekend. I loved getting to see so many faces from college and attend an ND football game. Some day I hope to take the kids to a game at Notre Dame Stadium! Go Irish!

No comments:
Post a Comment