Tuesday, December 27, 2016

School Starts and Trip to NYC

I can't believe these kids started school and are in 3rd and 1st Grade. I get those facebook flashbascks from when they were babies and think wow, time is flying! I can't remember them being so little!

Evan's first day of school

Caitlin's first day of school


Picture of all the kids at the bus stop

The same week they started school, my mom and I flew to NYC to spend a long weekend. Again, best husband in the world for taking on the challenge of the 3 kids while I got to go have fun!

We met up with one of my high school friends Lauren for dinner! She gave us lots of good  NYC advice and hooked us up with a backstage tour of School of Rock!

Spent the morning at the MET. Love that museum

Mom and her Monets

Then, we took the long ride up to the Cloisters, another MET museum

Beautiful gardens/cloisters


They have these famous tapestries there if you recognize them


That night we went to our first broadway show, School of Rock! It was great and afterwards, a friend of Lauren's gave us a backstage tour. So interesting!


The next day we went to the Guggenheim.



And that night we went to see Book of Mormom... hilarious!

Sunday we had to fly back to Austin but first we took in a mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. I love these huge Gothic churches like in Europe. So beautiful for a mass.


It was a great trip to just enjoy some time with my mom! Maybe we will make it an annual girls trip and take my sister with us next time when she isn't pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment