After Labor Day, a lot of changes started for the Stacers. After being laid off in July, I started a new job with Samsung Austin Research Center (SARC). It is part of Samsung, the huge company you all know (and hopefully love). I joined their Performance Team which is responsible for making sure that the chips going into your Samsung phones and tablets are the best and fastest at what they are designed to do. This is kind of a departure from my previous roles, but I had worked with a lot of people on the performance team a LONG time ago at Motorola. And my personal role is on the Correlation team which works to ensure that design models and performance models are accurately matching. I had contemplated not going back to work (as I have been part-time since Evan was born). But, this opportunity came up that would continue to let me work part-time so I felt like it was a chance I couldn't pass up - not many people will hire you and let you work part-time from the start!
Since I'm so late posting this, I can tell you that 4 months in, it is going well. I see a lot of familiar faces from Moto/Freescale/NXP. The work is new and interesting. The commute - not much better than before. But, I like the company and the people and the job so I think it's a win!
Now, back to what you really want to know about - the kids! Ryan also started Preschool after Labod Day.
He was pretty excited to start school. He is going M/W/F this year... he would probably go every day if he could!
Walking up to school
Hey, look who is in his class again? Worst twins ever :)
The great thing about Samsung is they totally get flexibility. I can't really work from home, but they understand you have commitments that you need to be there for and that's okay. So here I got to go to Ryan's preschool for Breakfast with the Parents!
Caitlin is taking 2 dance classes this year - ballet and hip hop! Here she is ready to learn some hip hop moves - which she loves by the way!
Evan is playing soccer again this Fall. And best of all, he is on the same team with his 2 best buds!
Caitlin is playing soccer again too with her friend Charlotte on Team Ireland. Who says you can't play soccer and be fashionable?
The older two are both swimming with Lonestar again. Here they are dressed up for an 80s party - they went at Coach Adam and Coach Dax, 80s style.
Ryan is doing swim lessons still with Ms. Hannah and loving it. Maybe another future Lonestar swimmer here too!
We got to enjoy a night out to celebrate Mel and Lorena's bday. Fun to have the girls back together!
And last we enjoyed some family time with a great bike ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment