At the end of spring break, we planned a camping trip with our friends the Isaacsons. This was our FIRST family camping trip! We had planned originally to stay 2 nights but with weather coming, we ended up staying just one night.
Here was our tent setup. Ours is the one on the right. This was a 6 man tent we borrowed from a friend but after the camping trip, we bought ourselves the same one! Thanks Greenbergs!
While setting up camp, the kids enjoyed playing. You can see the lake in the background... we camped at Lake Sommerville which was about 1.5 hours from us. Due to the bad weather for much of the week, the park was pretty empty! But, it was also somewhat flooded so a lot of the trails along the water were closed.
We went on a short afternoon hike, exploring the area and trying to avoid the water/muddy trails.
Group shot! You might be wondering where Ryan was for all of this... we left him at home with my sister. I didn't want to be chasing him around or worrying about him being so close to the water on our first trip. Next time he can come!
More of our hike
After the hike, we went to the little fishing pond (not the big Lake Sommerville). The kids seem to enjoy it... I know I did!
Everyone fishing
Cassie caught the first fish and totally found the spot they were biting. Alex caught one too and then finally, I caught a catfish! It was pretty exciting... for me at least.
The boys enjoyed playing football while we got dinner ready.
The girls played a card game I had brought.
That night we roasted marshmallows and enjoyed great company.
Overall, it was a great camping trip and we had fun, especially with some great friends. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment