Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blue Bell Tour

Since our camping trip got rained out and we left early on Friday, we decided to make a side trek to Brenham, TX... home of Blue Bell!  This has been on my Texas bucket list for years so a chance to finally make it was great. I know that currently there is a recall (which is sad, we love Blue Bell ice cream) but I'm glad we got to go through before all the trouble!

I was worried we would have a long wait since it was Spring break but it was only about 30 minutes! We spent the time looking at memorabilia and taking pictures outside.




Finally it was time for our tour. It was very interesting to see how everything was made, all the different types of ice cream products, etc. I really enjoyed it and Evan asked some great questions.

Afterwards, you get a ticket for free ice cream.  It was delicious as always!


Glad to mark this off of my Texas list!




2 comments:

  1. My BIL's new job is to drive a truck in an ice cream freezer that is 12 stories high, a city-block long, holds 53,000 pallets of ice cream and maintains a 20 degree below zero temperature, making it one of the largest and coldest freezers in the world. What a dream job, huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like being cold! I think I would hate it! But I'd love all the ice cream. the employees there get as much ice cream as they want when they are working. I'd like that!

      Delete