I know this is a little late, but I don't want to forget. These are pictures from Evan and Caitlin's first day of school. They are both attending Westside Church of Christ again. This is Evan's third year there. He is in the Young 4s class on T/W/Th with Ms. Julie. This was Caitlin's VERY FIRST day of school ever! She is in the Older 2s class on W/F with Ms. Amber.
They were both so excited to go.... Caitlin especially. Evan was the sweetest big brother. He walked her to her classroom before I took him to his. I think we are over the whole crying when dropping off that has been happening the last few months. He did awesome when I dropped him off and I can report that since then, everything has continued smoothly. He is enjoying school and all the friends and activities. It's nice to see him really learning. He can write his name by himself pretty well and is doing better with the scissors. I'm excited to see the progress already in just a few classes.
Caitlin also did pretty well at dropoff. No crying although she was a little unsure and kind of just stood there as we walked away. I'm happy to report though that she LOVES going to school. I think she wakes up every day asking if she can go to school. She gets very sad on the days that Evan gets to go and she does not. I love how excited she is about it.
It's also nice for each of them to have some time alone. I am off on Friday mornings so Evan and I get some alone time. Caitlin still gets alone time on T/Th with our nanny... every Thursday they go to her daughter Lucy's school for lunch. Caitlin loves to have lunch with the First Graders and be one of the big kids. Plus, those 1st grade girls love to dote on her and Caitlin likes to be the center of attention I'm sure.
Here's to hoping they both have a fabulous year. So far so good! I'm looking forward to all the activities and to see how much they learn and enjoy it.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTu tienes los más lindos niños.
ReplyDeleteGracias??
ReplyDelete