Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Evan's Cars Party

For Evan's birthday party, it was easy to decide on a theme: Cars! He loves the movie, the toys... everything. I was able to find some cute ideas off pinterest and even though it is SO much work to host, I was very happy with how everything turned out and best part was that Evan LOVED it.  And, I never could have done it without all the help of our family (both in town and from out of town).  They are so tremendous in getting ready for the party and then cleaning up. Seriously, I am so lucky!

Here are some pictures from the party.

Here are all the "Cars" food ideas.
The setup....

Sweet Potato fries (aka Mater's Taters)

Chocolate donuts that are supposed to be stacked tires

Our fruit bowl that looks like a car. Kudos to Michelle for the 95 carving!

Beverages: Antifreeze (lemonade) and Motor Oil (iced tea)


Pretzel sticks (aka dipsticks)

Cars made of apples and grapes

The highlight of the party was the "Car Wash" that we made. This really was the inspiration for having the party at our house. In case you didn't know, it is HOT in Texas in August. So, in order to have all these people over, we needed some sort of water activity because we wanted the kids outside for the most part. I saw this car wash in a magazine and it seemed easy enough to build.  So, a few weekends before the party we set about building it and here it is! I added some decorations to make it a little prettier but I think the kids enjoyed it.
There are holes throughout the pvc where the water comes out (kind of hard to see in the pictures).
Evan and Caitlin demonstrating


We also set up a tattoo station (aka Ramone's house of body art which if you seen the movie Cars, you would know who Ramone is). 

 And last but not least is the cake! My friend Kelly who owns Bootstrap Bakery made both the cake and cupcakes. She came up with an awesome design and it was delicious.


So, that's the party! I think Evan had a wonderful day and I loved how it turned out. Again, huge thanks to our families who always make it possible to pull off all these ideas I have in my head.



2 comments: