Our last night in Pensacola, we went to the beach for a little bit and then that night we met some family for dinner. After dinner, we headed downtown for the Fiesta Parade. We'd never heard of it but our family told us it was like a Mardi Gras parade so we figured, why not!
We parked right by the parade route and it wasn't very crowded. I figured this would be a pretty short and actually somewhat lame parade. I was SO wrong. This parade lasted about 1.5 hours and had TONS of neat floats. Each of the floats would come by, throwing beads and candy and whatever else. We had a blast waving to them and getting beads. Evan and Caitlin both got a lot of beads (and I promise, they weren't flashing anything to get them) :)
Waiting for the parade to get started
Picture with mom - it looked like it might rain, but it never did!
Here comes the start of the parade!
Navy float
Bagpipers
Pirates... arrgghh!
Dragon float
A float of Indians
There were a couple floats of greek/roman women
Caitlin waving to the floats
Kids watching the parade
A banjo playing man on a car
It's a British Invasion!
Circus float
Kids after the parade with all the beads and loot
One last group picture. I seriously don't know how Evan's neck was not weighed down by all those beads!! We are all set for next Mardi Gras.

Looks like that parade was a blast!
ReplyDelete