Sunday, June 17, 2012

Florida - Part 1

About 2 weeks ago, I took the two kids to Pensacola to visit family and also see friends who were in Destin at the same time. Due to an upcoming trip, Bryce could not take the extra time off so it was just me and the kids. Brave or crazy? It was hard to say which I was considering we were driving there.  In the end, I'll go with brave because of the faith I have in my kids traveling ability.  Fortunately, they proved me mostly right.

We left Saturday afternoon and headed to Houston to visit with friends and spend the night. Thanks so much to the Greens for hosting us! We loved meeting Agnes and also seeing other friends (Victoria and her family).  I hope we can do it again soon!  After a wonderful evening and night of sleep, we got up the next morning and hit the road.  When we woke up, I could tell Caitlin was a little warm but hoped it was nothing. We made good time to Baton Rouge where we stopped for lunch.  Unfortunately, Caitlin was not better and threw up in the McDonald's bathroom.  Yeah, fun times.  After getting her cleaned up, Evan and I ate quickly and then we hopped back in the car. The kids napped but a few hours later I noticed a smell.  I looked back to see diarrhea in Caitlin's carseat! Even better times. I stopped at a gas station and proceeded to strip Caitlin and clean up the car/carseat as best I could.  After getting back on the road, we pushed through to Pensacola.  Overall, it wasn't nearly as bad as it probably sounds although I was happy to get to Pensacola.

The next day, Caitlin was better and we met my cousin Ashley at a local splash pad. Our first attempt in Navarre was kind of a failure since it was closed!  However, we were determined to have some fun so we headed back into Pensacola to another one.  The kids had a great time splashing, we had lunch, and enjoyed seeing our cousins. Thanks Ashley for a fun time!

Evan at the splash pad

Evan showing cousins Davin and Avery how to sit on the fountains

Caitlin enjoying the water

Evan running through the splash pad

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a nightmare! Puke and poop while traveling...no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete