Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thanskgiving

I am realizing now that I haven't been taking too many photos lately. I'm sure it may not seem like it to you. But, this is supposed to be my Thanksgiving post and I have very few photos of the meal/afternoon.  What I do have pictures of is the Turkey Trot.  As usual, we stayed in Austin for Thanksgiving and were hosting friends/family at our house.  We decided to do a dinner rather than lunch which left us the entire morning free. Since I've been running lately (and contemplating doing a half marathon in Jan/Feb), I decided it would be fun for our whole family to do the Turkey Trot.  

Evan did the kids 1K, then Bryce and the kids did the mile walk, and I did a 5 mile run.  The Blankenships joined us and we had a beautiful day.

 Evan and Avery before the kids 1K.

 Aren't they too cute??

 Here come Evan and I

And there we go. Evan really ran the entire way and he did awesome! He loves to go running. 

Here come Ange and Avery 

Caitlin enjoying the after race food 

Family pic from the Turkey Trot 

And this is all the pictures I have from Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful dinner with friends and family later in the afternoon.  You'll just have to take my word for it ;)  The rest of the weekend was spent decorating our house! It literally took all weekend because this is our first Christmas in it so we had no idea what we wanted to do.  I think we made 20 trips to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Lowes, Target, and Home Depot to get various things. However, it looks very nice. I'll try to remember to take some pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment