Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween Part 3 - Evan's first Race!

The day before Halloween, I was entered into a 5K that my company was sponsoring. Since my entry was free, I decided to sign Evan up for his very first running race... a kids 1K!  He is always wanting to go running with me and I thought this would be a lot of fun for him. Plus, since it was Halloween, they encouraged the kids to wear their costumes and at the end was a trick-or-treat surprise!

Evan and I before the race (I'd already done my 5K... not too bad either!)

Evan and Matilda who was also doing the 1K


And we are off!

There go Dave and Matilda!

And here we are on our way back to the finish line.
 
Almost there!! Evan ran the entire 1K and loved it. He could have gone much further. I think this may be a fun thing for us to do together (and even as a family in the future!).

After the race, we went with the Greenbergs to Austin Java for some breakfast. There are these statues of cows all throughout the city. The kids couldn't resist climbing up onto them.



It was a great morning. I look forward to lots more races with Evan. I'm sure some day soon, he'll be beating me in all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment