Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Part 1 - Costumes

I have so many things to say about Halloween that I'm going to have to break it up into multiple posts.  The first one is on their costumes.  One of Evan and Caitlin's favorite shows is Super Why (PBS Show).  For Halloween, Evan went as Super Why and Caitlin as Princess Presto.  Here are what the charcters look like:

Super Why is the one with the green mask (he has a cape as well) and Princess Presto is the princess on the far right with the crown and wand.

For Caitlin's costume, I purchased a brand new Princess Presto accessory kit that included the cape, crown, and wand which I got on Ebay for like $6... a great steal!.  Then, I just got a pink princess dress of Ebay for about $5!  I thought she looked super cute.


Evan's costume required more work. They sold a super why costume with everything, but it was kind of expensive and made of cheap material from what I read. So, I wanted to put together something that would last through all the parties and after.  Here's what I did to come up with his costume.

Base: brand new Green pair of Buzz Lightyear pajamas I got off Ebay - these are 4T so he can wear them as pajamas for hopefully a year. Bonus: the side with buzz (under the cape) glows in the dark!
Plain long sleeve blue shirt - bought off Amazon for cheap
Super Why kit: included cape, why writer, and mask
Blue shorts - these were just his soccer shorts that I rolled up
Belt - yellow karate belt I got at Goodwill for $1 and cut to fit
Got super why image off the web and then ironed it onto the shirt
That's it! I love how it turned out.


Here's a few cute pictures of them in their costumes (before actual Halloween).




Evan and his teacher Ms. Larisa

Caitlin really got into the trick or treating

We found Little Miss Muffet!

And we found her spider!




We had a great time at the Trunk N Treat at Evan's school.  I've got lots more Halloween fun to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment