Thursday, December 4, 2014

Annual Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Every year, I try to take the kids to a local pumpkin patch (which is not the pumpkin patch of my youth let me tell you - here it's more like a farm where they put pumpkins in nice little piles to take pictures with.... you don't actually go out to a field where they've grown the pumpkins).  But I digress...

I normally go to Sweet Berry Farms which I like a lot. Unfortunately, it's about 1.5 hour away. This year has been so busy and chaotic, I just didn't think I would make it. But, my sister and I found another one closer - Barton Hills Farm.  Only about a 45 min drive and open Sunday at 10am. We figured we'd give it a shot..  

First we had to take the obligatory kids in pumpkin pictures.  Here are my best attempts...


Here, you have to buy a wrist band to do all the activities - which makes it MUCH pricier than Sweet Berry Farms where I let the kids pick just a handful of things to keep the cost reasonable. We definitely tried to get our money's worth!  

Caitlin loved the jumping pillow. Evan refused to go on it for reason's I still don't understand and threw a nice big temper tantrum about it.  Yeah, great start to our trip. Eventually he recovered and enjoyed the rest of the activities.

Tricycle racing

The cow train

A fort to climb in and slide down

Bouncing horses

The corn maze which we all really enjoyed!


And pumpkin painting!

It was a very tiring day but we made it! It was a good alternative since we couldn't get all the way to Sweet Berry Farms - but I still like that one better if anyone wants an opinion!

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment