While we were on vacation, Ryan turned 3 months old. I brought his sign with me so we could take his picture. I can't believe it's been 3 months (I know at this point it's almost 4 but I'll give the update based on 3 months).
He is very smiley now and loves to coo. He especially loves to give Mommy smiles. As of 3 months, he wasn't rolling over yet. But I love this age where they start to show their personality (and mommy starts to get more sleep). He loves bath time, his swing, and snuggling.
At 3 months, Ryan is holding his head up really well during tummy time. He still doesn't love it, but he will tolerate much better now that he has some strength. But don't do it after he eats... he'll just spit up his feeding! He typically will go about 3-4 hours between feedings during the day. Occasionally, he will go 5 hours if he takes a long nap but usually the time between feedings gets shorter as the day goes on.
Bed time is still between 8:30-9pm but vacation is always a struggle (especially in Michigan where it's light so much later). He was still getting up once a night at 3 months which isn't bad. I can handle that since he goes back to sleep pretty easily. He is usually up for the day between 6:30-7am. During the day, we haven't started a consistent napping/eating routine. It's still very much on demand at 3 months for him. He has to be rather flexible since the older 2 kids require more activity.
At home, he loves his swing. I can usually put him in there for a nap and he will stay there for hours. Caitlin also loved the swing. He also naps really well in his car seat which is nice since I am taking him a lot of places in the mornings with the older kids.
Caitlin wanted in on the photo shoot...
I don't really have any stats for 3 months since we didn't go to the Dr (and were on vacation). My guess is probably around 14.5 lbs or maybe closer to 15lbs. Hard to tell but he has those nice chubby legs. He has a very good temperament and isn't generally fussy unless he's tired or hungry.
We love you Ryan!! I thought it would be fun to compare so below are Caitlin and Evan's 3 month pictures.
Evan
Caitlin

Love the comparison photos!
ReplyDelete