On Saturday, we got to take the kids to one things I loved to do when I was little - the Indianapolis 500 Parade! We loved going to the parade when I was younger and I was very excited to take them and see it again.
We met my friend Marie and her girls at the parade. We had some spots saved along the route and before it began, the kids got to run around.
We were right near the staging area for all the balloons in the parade. Here the kids are checking them out.
The kids had a great time running around. Not sure what Evan is telling the girls but they loved chasing each other (and us). Great way to get rid of some energy!
This is Evan with Hannah. I'm not sure what they were doing either but Evan kept going super close to Hannah and talking to her (like nose to nose close) and then would run away but she LOVED it! It was so cute.
Finally the parade began. They have lots of bands, floats, balloons, and of course race car drivers. Here is a picture for my mom of the Ben Davis Band (she played in it).
The Angry Birds balloons were a big hit.
And Evan was probably most excited about the Star Wars group!
Look! Darth Vader and Storm Troppers!!
And a Stewie Darth Vader!
And another part of the parade is that all the drivers from the 500 go by in their rows so you get to see the entire starting grid. But you also get to see some celebrities and others like below, Mario Andretti!
It was a great morning at the parade. I loved getting to take the kids to one of the best parades and share something from my childhood with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment