Wednesday, February 27, 2013

39 weeks... and counting.

Well, I am 39 weeks and counting the days to meet this little one.  I just had a Drs appt today and am about 2cm with the head pretty low. My Dr is hoping maybe he/she will make an appearance soon but we will just be waiting to see.  She says everything looks good (blood pressure, baby's size, etc) so there's no reason to look at scheduling me for induction until after my due date which is good news to me as well.  However at this point, I am pretty uncomfortable (especially sleeping and moving around) so in some ways, I wouldn't mind if this little one decided to come early!

I had an ultrasound a week ago and everything looked fine. The baby was around 7lbs at the time. I hoping baby will not be too much bigger when I deliver!!  

And of course, some pictures on my progress.

39 week picture

38 week picture

I'd wanted to try and get a few pictures of the kids with me and my huge belly... they weren't super cooperative but we got a few where they'd at least sit next to me.

Kids and me


Family pic - everyone's ready to meet this lil' one!

We even tried two different days and still only partial cooperation. Evan though in general is very sweet with me and the baby. He loves to touch my belly and feel the baby kick. He talks to and about the baby. Caitlin likes to give the baby hugs although she still doesn't quite get that she has to be careful around my belly. I think they will be excited to finally meet him/her though.


Some girls from our old neighborhood whom we still meet for playdates threw a little baby shower for me which was so sweet.  It was all "bee" theme since we don't know if it's a boy or girl. It was fun to get together and everything Nicole did was so cute! It was great to get a few things for the baby and celebrate this little one.  I know he/she will be getting LOTS of hand-me downs so doing something special for him/her meant a lot.





 Now we are just waiting! If you didn't check back, we had 18 people respond to the poll on the sex of the baby:  12 for BOY, 5 for GIRL, and one for OTHER (anyone want to fess up to that??).  So, I think I like most people are leaning towards a boy. Evan is hoping for a brother and Caitlin is hoping for a sister so at least one of them should be happy!

We will keep everyone updated with any news.  Hopefully the next post will be about this baby's arrival!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to meet this little one! Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete