Since Baba and Caitlin share a birthday, we had one more little family celebration at our house the day before their birthdays.
Birthday girls blowing out their candles
Happy 3rd and 31st Birthdays
Also, we were lucky enough to get Bryce's dad and his friend Jim (Pepa/the new papa) to drive down to Austin from Michigan to help with a big project. Ever since we bought the house, I've wanted to put some type of locker/storage thing in our laundry/mud room. We wanted to maximize the space and our use of it which kind of meant we needed a custom solution. Papa said he could do it and he convinced his friend to join him. So, they came down for the Holidays/Caitlin's birthday and built us these fabulous lockers in our laundry room. Thanks to both of them and Dave Greenberg for lending us some tools.
View from the house into the laundry room (the other door connects to the garage). We have 3 lockers, each with their own drawer underneath (with slow close drawers) and own shelf/cabinet on top. I love that I have a shelf for each kid to put water bottles/papers, etc. and a cabinet for anything I want out of the way or whatever else I might want to put in there. Each drawer is also divided so we can put say shoes on one side and hats, etc on the other or however we want to divide things.
View from the other direction. There is bead board in the back. The bench is nice and big so you can sit and put on shoes; plus I can still put my laundry basket over there when doing laundry. Now the kids backpacks are off the floor and coats are with them.Shoes aren't thrown all over the house and I'm not constantly taking them upstairs. We love it! Thanks again for all their hard work. Now we need to convince them to come back and do some more projects for us :)

No comments:
Post a Comment