Finally getting to Christmas! So, we awoke on Christmas Eve morning to find out that my sister's water had broken and they were headed to the hospital. That definitely changed some of our plans. I spent the morning running errands but made it home early enough to continue our tradition of making sugar cookies for Santa!
The kids helped me roll out the dough and cut them.
It probably took 5x as long to do but I know they enjoy it.
After they were done baking, we started icing them.
By then, it was time to get ready for church. My sister wasn't very far along so we figured we'd head to church then go to the hospital and check on her.
Quick picture of the kids before church. The weather was really nice that day (although a little windy).
After church, we swung by the hospital. Not much progress so we headed home for dinner and to put the kids to bed. My mom and I returned to the hospital after that and stayed a few hours before heading home for some sleep.
I took a few pictures of the kids in their Christmas PJs before they headed upstairs.
Christmas morning! The kids slept well and were SO excited that Santa had come.
Ready for gifts!
First the stockings...
Then onto presents from Santa.
I think both of them were pretty happy with what they got. We only did the Santa presents that morning so that my mom and I could eat breakfast and then head to the hospital.
Chelsea Matz was finally born around 12:30pm via c-section. Both momma and baby are doing well. I actually don't have any pictures on my camera of them so I will have to do another post on it. But, what a wonderful Christmas present! It was a great day for our entire family. Hope everyone else had just as lovely a Christmas.

Congrats Auntie!! Won't be long now for you... :)
ReplyDelete