When it came time for Caitlin's birthday, there was no question what the theme would be... Rapunzel! She has been Rapunzel obsessed for quite awhile. Of course, I immediately went to Pinterest for party ideas where I found quite a few cute ones. If you haven't seen the movie, then 1) you should because it is pretty good and 2) you probably won't get most of the things below but just trust me that they are part of the movie Tangled.
The birthday girl!
Favors: Rapunzel's Paints!
Below are some of the food items. We served them all in cooking pans (which if you've seen the movie, you understand the frying pan reference).
These were "Lantern boat" jello cups
Tower kabobs of fruit
This was some homemade bread put into Rapnuzel's braid
We also had "Hazelnut soup" which was just a yummy tomato soup from Costco along with Maximus' apples and Snugly Duckling sweet potato fries. Yummy!
We decorated the house with some sun banners I made and also covered the table in parcel paper so the kids could draw all over it.
More decorations
This was my poor attempt at "Tower" cupcakes. The icing just would not work with me and I couldn't get it to shape into a tower. But, the kids didn't care... they ate it up regardless!
The cake
Because Caitlin's birthday is in January, I was nervous about the weather. We were going to be having all these kids over and if they couldn't play outside, I just didn't know what they were going to do... it would be too much chaos in the house! Caitlin does a weekly music class called Music with Mar. My friend Ange is a teacher so we got her to do a short class with all the kids. It was perfect! Caitlin loved it and so did most of the kids. And Ms. Ange did such a great job too.
Here the kids doing an instrument parade. I took some videos which I'll try to upload later.
Fortunately, the weather turned out okay so the kids were able to play outside as well.
Happy 3rd Birthday Caitlin!

No comments:
Post a Comment