Monday, November 19, 2012

Wurst Fest

Becca, Casey, and I took the kids to Wurst Fest one Sunday in early November. It's a German Fest in New Braunfels for those not familiar with it.  I've never been and have always wanted to go so I figured I'd tag along with Becca and Casey.  

We headed down in the morning so we'd be there right when it opened. It was a gorgeous day and even a little hot.  We immediately hit up some food and walked around. I was surprised at the size - I had envisioned it being much larger than it was for some reason.  After some tasty Kartoffelpuffer, we headed to check out the kiddie rides.  These were actually kind of expensive in my opinion considering an adult had to ride with them AND pay tokens.  So, we only did a few rides.

Casey and Evan on the dragon roller coaster

The kids and I on the carousel

The kids on the ferris wheel

After the rides, we went and got more food and cooled off for a bit.  You can't go to a German Festival without getting some sausage on a stick!


And of course, there has to be dancing:


Click on THIS to see the video if it does not appear above.

LOTS of dancing!



After that, we enjoyed some polka music before hitting another ride, some beer (for Casey) and shopping.  Then it was time to head home.  Overall, a very fun day and I'm glad to say I've now been to Wurst Fest after living here 12 years!



No comments:

Post a Comment