I realize I really haven't posted much about baby #3 on our blog. It's not that we aren't excited, it's just that we are so busy with everything else. Already I am feeling bad for this baby who will get all hand me downs and be dragged around everywhere for his/her older siblings' activities. At least the baby and I will have some good quality time while the older ones are in school!
Anyway, I'm almost 25 weeks at this point. Some days, I think this pregnancy is dragging on while others I forget how close we are really getting. We had the big 20 week anatomy ultrasound a few weeks ago. I persuaded Bryce to not find out the sex this time. I figured we have a boy and a girl so why not be surprised for once?? Although there are days where knowing would make it so much easier to plan and get everything done/ready before #3 arrives... still, I want to be surprised once!
The ultrasound went well. Everything looks fine with the baby. All the measurements seemed to line up and I love getting to see the ultrasound pictures and hear that heartbeat. The only issue is that my placenta is low lying. It usually corrects itself as the pregnancy progresses so hopefully that is the case with this one as I do not want to have a c-section. The other problem is that because it's low lying, I've had a lot more back pain and other ligament type pain. It seems to finally be getting better but my Dr. said a lot of time you will have to wear a maternity belt by the end... fun times!
I can also feel the baby moving. I keep trying to catch a moment so Evan/Caitlin can feel but it hasn't worked out yet. Hopefully soon as this is something I didn't get to experience before. Evan was much too little when I was pregnant with Caitlin (since they are only 17 months apart) to really understand all the pregnancy/baby stuff. I'm excited to have this chance to share it with them.
Okay, and here are some pictures! I still have not taken a 24 week picture but I promise to this week (so technically a 25 week picture). I feel like I am already huge and can't believe I still have over 3 months.
12 weeks
16 weeks
20 weeks - I seemed to really pop around this time. I think partly it seems more pronounced because everything is much lower... or maybe it's all that Halloween candy and treats people keep bringing to work ;)

All those photos are soooo cute!
ReplyDelete