Thursday, February 9, 2012

Caitlin Turns 2!


Caitlin, I can't believe you are two already.  Where has the time gone? I guess you are not really our precious baby girl anymore but rather an actual toddler (even though you've been toddling almost a year).  I want to write a few things so I can remember what you were like when you turned 2.


Caitlin - at two, if I had to describe you in one word, it would be mimic.  You do whatever your brother does.  If he screams, you scream. If he falls on the ground, you fall on the ground. If he runs around the house, you run around the house. If he says something, you try your best to repeat it. Maybe this is why you have such a huge vocabulary. You speak in full sentences already whereas Evan was saying just a few words at the same age.  And maybe it's also why you are already potty training.   We didn't even attempt it with Evan until about 2.5 but you LOVE to sit on the potty like big brother (and have been doing it already for about 4-5 months).  I think in a few weeks we might try to actually potty train you... we will see.
As far as food goes, you are a pretty good eater. You are not too picky which is nice. You love snacks like animal crackers and yogurt.  You also like meat which is different than your brother who would eat fruit all day if we let him.  You love to dip your food into anything and everything.  If you can dip it, you will eat it (or at least lick the dip off of it). 


You are still a great sleeper.  You go to bed around 8:30 and wake up around 7:30-8am.  And you still take at least a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.  I am so blessed!  I think any day you will crawl out of your crib though. You get one leg up and I know it's not long before you swing yourself over. I am NOT ready for that.  At bedtime you have the cutest routine.  Daddy puts you on his shoulders and carries you upstairs as you both sing Santa Claus is Coming to Town. (This is a routine started in December as you can see by the song).  We still do it every night.  After Daddy brings both of you upstairs, we get ready for bed and then you guys get to "crash" on the rocking chair before being tickled on the floor.  I love to watch the 3 of you sharing this moment.

You love your dolls, playing kitchen/tea party, and reading books.  This is all in addition to your favorite activity of all: following Evan and doing whatever he does.  You love to play cars with him and run around with him.  It is so cute to watch you guys play together.  Some of your favorite characters right now are anything princess, dora (even though we have never watched it), Mater, Elmo, and Minnie Mouse. 

Stats:
Height: 33.5 inches (42%) 
Weight: 25.7 lbs (35%)
Head: 19 (72%)


Caitlin, you are already an amazing person.  I don't know what you or your brother would do without the other. You are the best of friends and I hope that it lasts for a very long time.  Your laugh and your smile brighten our days, especially when we are having a tough one.  Even though I know we are entering the terrible 2s as they say (and as evidenced by your tantrums), I know I'll forget all about it the moment you cuddle up or say I love you or laugh.  We love you so much but please stop growing up so fast.

1 comment: