Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Caitlin's 2nd Birthday Party

Where has 2 years gone?? This post, I'm just going to focus on the party. I'll do another post just about her turning 2.  We celebrated her birthday pretty early in January because Oma, great-grandpa, Mema, and Papa were all in town for Christmas. It just made sense to have it while they could all be here!  I debated for a long time on a theme, but finally decided on Elmo. She likes Elmo and I figured she'd grow out of it soon so better use it while I could.  I found some super cute ideas on Pinterest and thought the party turned out really well.  I'll mostly just post some pictures from the party since I know that's what y'all want to see anyway!
The sign I made welcoming all our guests

This was our veggie tray (supposed to be Elmo's face)

This was the fruit tray 

These were the gift bags for each child 

This was the cake (made by Kelly at Bootstrap Bakery - highly recommend!) 

These were the egg free, dairy free cupcakes also from Bootstrap Bakery 

The two birthday girls (Baba and Caitlin share a birthday) 

 Mama and the birthday girl

Avery and Evan playing in the greenbelt behind the house - this is actually what the kids enjoyed the 
most!! Glad to know they could all be entertained and lucky we had such nice weather. I really didn't know what we were going to do with all these kids at our house.

 Everyone enjoying lunch

 Cake time!

 Lucy is ready for some cake

 Great-Grandpa and C. Christine
 Alex and Evan

 Singing to Caitlin

 Blowing out the candle

 More birthday girls

 Evan and Baba

 Attempt at a picture with the birthday girl but by this point, she was kind of done

Michelle and Brett chasing the kids in the yard and them LOVING it!

It was a fabulous birthday party. I'm so glad our friends could celebrate with us. And a HUGE thanks to all our family who helped me out so much with the shopping, decorations, and day-of party stuff. I can never pull off any of these parties without their help.  They are the best!

3 comments:

  1. I left an award for you on my blog. :)

    http://wolfsonsafari.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Candice's place...

    Nicely done with the fruit and veggie tray designs. I think we had a Sesame Street themed kiddo party a few years ago and were nowhere near as creative.

    ReplyDelete