Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Evan turns 18 months!

Although Caitlin will probably dominate the blog for awhile, I wanted to at least post some things about Evan.  He turned 18 months this week... has it really been that long?  Everything at the Dr. went great and he's right on track with development/measurements.  He weighed in at 25 lbs 6 oz (50%) and was 33 inches tall (75%).  It's just amazing all the things he can do.  I thought I'd try to make a list of some of them so I don't forget and just so you all can know as well.

-He says dada, mama, ball all the time.  But he also says up, down, dog, duck, and nana (for banana).
-He signs please/more/milk all the time and points to what he wants.
-He loves balls and balloons.  If there are a million toys on the floor and one ball, he will gravitate towards it and only want to play with that.
-He loves to kick!  Not only does he kick the balls, but he'll just kick the air, like he's practicing.
-He loves to climb
-He wants to stand on top of everything (hence the climbing).
-He really wants to be able to jump and he'll try, but he just doesn't quite get both feet off the floor
-He likes to dance. We put on the toddler tunes and he'll bop up and down and swing his arms
-His favorite songs are: If You're Happy and You Know It, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He does motions to all these songs lik clapping and then points to his face, etc.
-He loves to play chase and can run around the house in circles with someone chasing him all day long.
-He loves to go outside and take walks in his wagon.
-He likes to read.  He'll go grab a book and then just bring it over to me, sit in my lap, and we'll read. It's so adorable and precious.
-He loves fruits and vegetables.  The one thing that is difficult to get him to eat is meat.  We usually resort to fruit bribery.
-He understands so much more than he can say.  I can tell him to go get something and he knows exactly what it is and where it is. 
-He likes to run around naked before/after bath time.  It's actually pretty hilarious. I'd totally video tape it except it would probably embarass him too much when he's older.
-He loves electronics - phones, computers, anything that makes noises and lights up... but not toys. Oh no, he can tell the difference. And don't try to trick him and take the battery out because then, he's not interested.
-He can now open the doors so we had to childproof most of them.
-He can blow kisses and say sshhh.
-He likes to put his cup down on the table and say "Dah" as in "Ta-Da" which we do.  It's so cute.
-He also likes to take a drink from his cup and then say "Ahhh" like it was so refreshing.
-He likes to just talk... most mornings, I wake up to him just blabbing away in his crib which he can easily do for like a half hour before he decides he really wants to get out and begins to scream.  Other times during the day, he'll just jibber-jabber like he's telling you something really important but you have no idea what he's saying.
-He loves hi-fives and hitting the rock (i.e. fist bumps).  You can instantly become his friend by offering a fist bump (followed by a "boom" sound).

-And last but not least... my favorite thing are the hugs and kisses he gives and anytime he smiles or laughs.  It just melts my heart and I love him to death!  Especially when I give big hugs (accompanied by squeezing tight sound which he then mimics)... is there anything cuter?

And of course some bad things (there are probably way more but I think I block most of them):
-He throws food when he's done eating... the dog likes it but the parents, not so much.
-He will throw tantrums when he's not getting what he wants. Shocking, I know.
-He taunts the dog.  He'll hold the ball out to her and then take it away.  He actually taunts us as well.
-He hates most diaper changes and just does not cooperate during them which can be messy.
-He hates getting in the car - sometimes it's quite a struggle to strap him in.
-If he has done something wrong and you tell him no, he puts his hand over his face like he's hiding from you and puts on this pout... sometimes it's so hard not to laugh.

And her are a couple pics of our big boy.  He really is growing up fast.


And here are some Colts pics I promised:



3 comments:

  1. Can I copy this and post it on our blog? Grant likes/does exactly the same things. I wonder if Evan does this one too: When we tell Grant "No", he hits instead of throwing a tantrum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, he covers his face with his hand, like he's hiding because he knows he did something wrong. I'll have to go add that to my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I'd have so much in common with a one-and-a-half year old! Evan and I both have a strong aversion to meat and cars. Does he like lentils, quinoa, tofu, nuts, and beans like me? I recommend *Brasil* nuts.

    And I actually throw tantrums, too. If you figure out how to cure him of that, please let me know. *Someone* would be quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete