Well, I haven't updated in awhile so thought I'd just write a quick blog entry (maybe attach a fun picture if I can find one).
Things are good here with us. The start of fall has really brought the cool weather, and it's been raining for like two days. I have to say though, everyone is enjoying the rain and break from the heat after a record hot summer and drought. I think most people are ready for fall.
In the world of Evan, he is too cute and so much fun. He got his MMR and chickenpox vaccines last week and was quite the trooper... only a brief second of crying. He's also become a drama queen now when he doesn't get what he wants. He just lays on the floor face down and cries for maybe 30 seconds and then it's off to something else. He loves anything he can push, especially things like vacuums or brooms. We bought him a plastic bat which he carries arounds and hits toys with (mostly balls but sometimes any little plastic piece will do).
He's started THE cutest thing... KISSES! I say, "Evan, can mommy have a kiss?" and point to my check. He leans in and gives me a big, wet kiss. I love it. He started doing it at bedtime because I always give him a couple kisses goodnight and one night, he just turned his head and gave me one. Now, he'll do them whenever but at nighttime, it's like he knows. As soon as I take him towards the crib, he starts kissing me (like multiple times). It melts my heart everytime.
We also did our last shoot with our photographer Kathy Whittaker. It's much harder now because Evan doesn't want to sit/stand still. Somehow though, we got some great shots. We did a family shot to mark his one year (only a few weeks late). You can check out the photos on her website: whittakerphotography.smugmug.com -> Baby Evan Session #1 2 3 & 4. If you need the password, just send me a note and I'll send it to you. Tell me which are your favorites since we have to choose 10!
Me, the pregnancy is going well. We had our anatomy ultrasound a few weeks ago and everything looked great! We decided to find out the sex of the baby. I'll post something next week with a picture so everyone can learn what we are having! Anyone who doesn't already know want to guess?
We are off to DC this weekend to visit our friends the Dolvigs! So excited to see the three of them and hang out. Unfortunately, it's just a quick trip since we just got back from Michigan and we couldn't fit it in another time before the new baby comes. Not sure what we'll do while we are there, but it doesn't matter much to us since we really just want to visit with them.
That's about it! Just wanted to give you an update. Evan is just getting so big so fast. Hard to believe he's almost 14 months and that he'll have a new sibling in just 4 months! I guess I haven't taken a lot of pics since our trip to Michigan so nothing new now, but I'll post some after our DC trip.
Love,
The Stacers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww, baby kisses are the best. Graham also started that right after he turned one. Before that, he would blow kisses, but not actually plant one on ya. You know you're a mom, when you accept them, spit and all!!!
ReplyDelete