Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trip to Michigan

We just got back from our trip to Michigan where we had a great time. Here's a short recap!
Evan was great on the plane (it helps to have 2 adults vs. 1 kid these days). On Friday, Bryce headed up to Bear Lake for the weekend to hang out and golf with his college buddies while Evan and I stayed in Midland at the Stacer Cottage. The weather those first couple days was a little rainy and cold. We did manage to go to the Midland Farmer's market though which was fun.

Monday, we got Evan's hair cut in Midland at this salon called Marcelo's (thanks to the Reeves for the recommendation). We also went with Ray and Betty to work so everyone there could meet Evan whom they'd heard so much about! Fortunately, the weather had turned and that day and the rest of the time there was gorgeous. We enjoyed the break from the record heat in Texas. We even took Evan for his first boat ride... I think at first, he wasn't quite sure due to the life jacket, but by the end of our trip, I think he enjoyed them.



Thursday, Evan and I drove to Frankenmuth where we met up with my college friend Sarah for lunch and shopping. It's a cute little german town! We ate at the Bavarian Inn, walked and shopped there, then headed to the biggest Christmas store in the world... Bronner's! And they aren't kidding. It's quite the store. I did buy a few ornaments but it was an experience. I mean, they hand you a map when you come in because it's so big. Overall, it was a great day and so fun to catch up with Sarah.

That night, we went to the Reeves for a delicious dinner. Evan had a lot of fun with their two girls. He loved being pulled around in the wagon... I think we'll have to get one of those now.

Friday, we spent the day in the Thumb of Michigan visiting Bryce's family. It was a lot of fun since this was the first time we'd been to Michigan since Evan was born. We saw Grandma Stacer, went to the family farm, and stopped by Aunt Pete's house.





My mom also drove up from Indy for the weekend which was so nice of her and the Stacers. Saturday, we went to the Amish festival in Clare. It was really fun! We all bought some things -> I got this thing called a baked potato bag?? Betty swears by them so we'll have to try it out soon.

Evan really enjoyed playing outside while we were there... I think because it's been so hot in Texas this summer, he just hasn't gotten the chance. He loved playing with the two little neighbor boys. The older, Ryan, was so sweet to Evan and wanted to show him everything. Evan would actually get upset when we had to bring him in from playing.



Overall, it was a great trip and we were sad to come home. But, hopefully we'll see everyone again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment