Thursday, February 16, 2017

Trip to Dallas-Fort Worth

After Christmas, we took a short trip up to Dallas-Fort Worth area. The Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth was having a special Monet exhibit that my mom and I wanted to see. We are big Monet fans and this was his early works which aren't seen very much.



After the Museum, we headed to the Stockyards. It's one of those things I've always wanted to do being a "Texan". It was nicely decorated for Christmas.


We arrived around lunch and right away were greeted with animals!


Probably our most favorite activity was the Cattle Pen Maze.
We had a blast running all through it and trying to find hidden letters. I'd definitely recommend it for kids and there is a viewing platform for adults if you'd rather not go but want to keep an eye on them!

After lunch, we explored a little and then went to the Wild West Show.  It was interesting except that Ryan and Caitlin both hated the guns. I have to say, they were pretty loud! And both of them already hate fireworks so let's just say that anytime the guns came out, they were screaming bloody murder and wanting to leave. Maybe not a must-do if you come.

We did love getting to meet the people in the show and pet the horses though!


And finally, what everyone comes to the Stockyards for, the Cattle Drive! 


It was a pretty slow and short cattle drive I have to say. I think at this point, it's pretty safe to say that the cattle are trained.  But, it was neat to see them all go by!

We stayed in downtown Fort Worth that night and enjoyed a lovely hotel and dinner at Taverna. The Fort Worth square was decorated and beautiful! They had music playing and a cool fountain and we enjoyed spending some time there after dinner.



The next morning, we headed to Dallas to go to the Perot Museum of Science! First we learned all about the Birds of Paradise. Below, Ryan and Caitlin learned to dance like them.


They have this awesome escalator you can see from way outside the building that we took. 


I liked coding the robots!


Another favorite was the sports area where the kids got to pick someone or something to race! And another favorite was the oil/energy sector where we took a ride on a fracking drill. We also got to feel what it's like to be in an earthquake!


Overall, we had a lot of fun and could have definitely spent more time there. A fun little trip for our Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment