I have to say that I am not as good a snow boarder as I used to be. I enjoyed myself, but I was SO SORE after the first day. All that getting up/down. Plus, this mountain had a lot of narrow traverses at the start of the run which were crowded and difficult for me on a snowboard. Turns out, that by the end of the trip, I actually fell one time so hard I broke my tailbone... no kidding! (I only discovered that a few weeks ago when I finally went to the Doctor. It doesn't bother me anytime except when I run so I suppose that's the good news. The bad news is that it may never heal or get better so my running days could be numbered.).
Anyway, back to the ski trip.
A cool action shot of me before I got hurt!
Ready to ski!
After ski school on the second day, Bryce took Evan and Caitlin up the mountain to ski with them for a little bit while I got Ryan. Plus, we wanted to see if he could snowboard with them or if we should switch to skis.
Here's Ryan riding up the little escalator at his ski school time.
And here he is just in front of the instructor going down the hill!
Evan and Caitlin hung out with us to watch Ryan for a little bit.
Family picture on the mountain!
And that was Day2 of skiing. We did ski school for 2 days for the older kids, 3 days for Ryan. On the 3rd day, Bryce and I skied with the older 2. We swapped our snowboards for skis (one, because it was too hard to help them on a snowboard and two, after that last fall where I broke my tailbone, I did not want to snowboard!). Stay tuned for the next installment of Spring Break.

No comments:
Post a Comment