I've lived in Texas for almost 16 years but still never done any of the SXSW stuff. I guess I just don't want to deal with the crowds and craziness although one of these years, I will.
However, this year we did go downtown for the SXSW Interactive exhibit with the kids (as I'd heard it was pretty cool). It actually wasn't too bad with crowds and the kids had a great time!
The highlight for sure was meeting a real R2D2 droid that moved and danced. Ryan was in Star Wars heaven as he LOVES R2D2 and all robots.
Another neat activity was this huge wall/floor/space where the kids could just color. As you can see below, you could color pretty much everything - perfect for a 3 year old!
And perfect for this artist who LOVES to create. Each kid also got this cool scarf they could color.
Team Stacer in the house!
While those two were coloring, Evan had fun building with Legos!
And last but not least was my absolute favorite activity! Here, the kids had to go to a computer and program this robot to move forward and grab that coke can you see. I loved it because it's just like my job in some ways. And the nerdy engineer in me wants my kids to see how awesome and fun engineering is!
The best part is that they did enjoy it! You would plug in your robot, write your "code", then go see if your code worked. When it didn't, you took it back and changed the code to try and fix whatever was wrong. So cool!! I hope my kids enjoyed it as much as I did watching them.

No comments:
Post a Comment