At the beginning of March, we celebrated Ryan's 2nd birthday! Wow. I can't even began to tell you how fast 2 years has gone. Here he is on his birthday morning with our special birthday pancake tradition:
We had a small party for him with some friends at the Williamson County park. They have a train that runs throughout the park and I thought he would love to have a train party. The weather was kind of chilly but the rain held off, and we had a great time.
The best babysitters! They loved watching Ryan which was great for me too!
We reserved the train so everyone in our group could go on a train ride! Here's my little engineer:
Choo choo!
And some shots from our friend on the train.
It was actually a pretty long train ride and Ryan had a blast. He was pretty sad to have to get off!
I of course had to look to do a little "Pinteresting" for the party...
Here's the food: I made train tracks with cars of coal (blackberries), logs (pretzel sticks), and produce (carrots).
We had train shaped sandwiches and hot dogs.
And we had two cakes! One I bought at Costco. The other I actually made... it was a dairy free, egg free cake! Not too bad for my very poor decorating skills I thought!
Happy 2nd birthday Ryan! We love you so much.
A quick summary on Ryan:
Loves strawberries, chips, and cookies.
Ryan says LOTS of words at this age. We can usually understand what he is trying to say and he will repeat most things you say (which the older kids find hilarious and love to have him repeat things). Some favorite phrases are: What Happened?, Oh Yeah., Everything is Awesome
Sleeps pretty good. He'll often wake up early in the morning (like 6am) and just talk to himself so we leave him in his crib until usually 7:30am. He takes one nap a day, usually about 2.5 hours.
He LOVES to be outside... throws huge fits when he has to come in. He particularly loves his bike and jumping/climbing on everything.
He doesn't seem to be afraid of much. Definitely loves his mama :)
So, that's Ryan! Such a joy in all our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment