Just before Christmas, we went up to school where Evan received a special award. His school is called Old Town and they are the Texans. He was receiving a Star Texan award for showing self control (i.e. for being a good listener).
They called his name and read a little paragraph that his teacher wrote about why he was receiving the award.
Dad and Evan after the ceremony
Mom and Evan after the ceremony
Evan with the assistant principal Mr. Baker and the principal Ms. Mercer
We are so proud of you Evan for doing such a great job at school and being a good listener. I volunteer in Evan's class one day a week so I get to see all the kids and help Ms. V, his teacher. I love being involved and feel so blessed that I'm able to be a part of his school experience. His teacher has told me what a great listener his is before and I've observed it myself. He's also making great strides with reading. It's amazing how quickly he has picked it up. Just 2 months ago he was not interested at all but now he can read small words and sound them out. He already knows all his kindergarten sight words and we are working on more.
So far, we are thrilled with how it's going and that we went ahead and sent him to Kinder. Hopefully it continues to go well. He still enjoys going to school so I think that's a good sign!
Below is a little video of him receiving his award.
If you can't see the video above, then just click this link: CLICK HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment