Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ryan Turns 8 Months!


Ryan turned 8 months a few weeks ago.  It's going by so fast.  No doctor's appointment this month so I don't have any stats updates.  If I had to guess, I'd say he was around 18.5 lbs, 27 inches.  

He is still a rolly poly.  He moves pretty quickly for just rolling everywhere. He shows zero interest in crawling. When I put him onto his knees, he immediately goes down to his belly or rolls to his back.  I'm thinking he might be one of those kids who just skips crawling since he is so efficient at moving by just rolling.  
He is eating all sorts of foods now. We introduced fruits this month and will give him a fruit/cereal mix around lunch time and then a vegetable in the evening. Next month we will start meat and more texture. We've given him puffs which he now LOVES.  He can't get enough of them. Luckily, he is still on breastmilk only!  I'm so thankful to still be able to nurse at this point. Hopefully we can make it to a year without having to use formula.

Ryan takes usually just one nap a day because the mornings are spent doing activities or errands. If we are home, he'll take usually an hour nap.  But during the afternoon, he pretty consistently will nap from 1:30-3:30pm.  At night, he is usually tired around 7:30pm.  He wakes up for some reason around 6am and will kind of talk/coo for awhile before falling back asleep for another hour or so.


Ryan loves his siblings.  I think he is especially infatuated with Evan who can always make him laugh. He likes Caitlin to sing to him.  We all love him very much and love watching him learn and grow.

Comparison photos... is he resembling anyone more you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment