Ryan turned 2 months this past Sunday. It's hard to believe it's been two months at times and then at other times like forever. First, the stats.
Weight: 13 lbs, 13 ounces (93% - big boy!)
Height: 23.5 inches (75%)
Head: 16cm (70%)
We went to the Dr. last Friday. Everything looked good at his checkup but poor boy had to get 3 shots. He definitely cried and did not like it but we survived. He was very sleepy most of the weekend and Friday night, he was very fussy. He ran a fever and was up a lot of the night with us holding him. We were thankful that it was mostly just Friday that he was fussy.
This past month, he has gotten so smiley! I love this baby age where you really start to see some personality. The smiles just melt my heart and I feel so blessed. First smile we are counting as April 16th! He really likes to smile for mama but now he is starting to smile for anyone when he is in a good mood.
This was also a big month because we put Ryan in his own room (April 20th to be exact). I have never put any of my children in their own room this early. But, Ryan is proving to be the exception to our family. He is a very loud sleeper. With him next to me in the room, I just was not getting much sleep. Even when he wasn't crying to be fed, he was still making noises while sleeping which kept me awake. I dreaded moving him to his own room because 1) I liked having him close and 2) our room is downstairs and his is upstairs - not ideal when you are getting up all the time at night.
Fortunately, he is down to just getting up twice a night. His schedule is usually bath time around 8:30pm. Then after nursing, asleep by 9:30pm. First time he's up is generally around 2-2:30am and then again around 5:30am. After that, Bryce would usually be up so if he didn't go back to sleep or started fussing, he could take him and put him in the swing and I could get about an hour more of sleep. And now that he's in his own room, I really can sleep through and only wake up when he's really fussing/crying. We have a monitor so I can hear him but I don't really wake unless he's pretty loud.
He loves bath time. Every night we put him in the tub he is so content and happy. He could be crying and fussy but the second he's undressed and in that tub, he just calms down. I love bath time too!
Happy Two Months Ryan!! Next month is a big one - our first trip! We will be driving to Indy, Chicago, and Michigan where he'll celebrate his 3rd month. Lots of friends and family to meet!

No comments:
Post a Comment