Sunday, June 5, 2011

Missing In Action

I have to really apologize because I know that I haven't posted a blog in a really long time.  And I probably won't be posting with much frequency in the near future either.  But, there's a really good reason!!  We are moving!  Crazy? Yes! Unexpected? Yes! Still in shock? Yes!  Overwhelmed and stressed????? Yes!!!!

To clue you in - Bryce and I knew that at some point, we wanted to move out of our current home and into something on a quieter street where the kids could play more outside.  Of course, we had LOTS of things on our wish list (like 3 car garage, dedicated office, extra bedrooms, better location).  Every now and then, I'd amuse myself by searching online in several neighborhoods west of where we are as we wanted to move closer to I-35/West Round Rock and there was no immediate need to move other than we knew at some point we wanted to.  Well, one day a few weeks ago, I saw a house that I thought looked really promising.  We didn't have a realtor so we made an appointment to see it that weekend.  It was in a neighborhood where we already knew a few people who lived there/near there.  Bonus!  Well, we loved the house.  It had everything we wanted and more!!!  The catch was that it had actually just come on the market and already had multiple offers. If we were interested, we had to make an offer that weekend.

We went home to think about it.  We didn't really imagine that morning when we got up we'd be seriously considering buying a house.  Well, after much thought and stress, we decided to at least put an offer on it and if it was meant to be, it would be.  I guess it was meant to be because that Monday, our offer was accepted (over 3 other offers).  Since then, it's been a whirlwind of packing, getting a mortgage, fixing up our current home so we can sell it, inspections, hoping and praying everything goes smoothly.  I have to say that so far, as stressful as it can be at times, we are doing well - thanks to Brett and Michelle for lots of help!  We are hoping to close June 17th and move that weekend (reason being that we plan to put our current home on the market only once we move out).  The past two weeks we've been packing, re-staining our fence, doing lots of yard work, lots of touch up work, cleaning, power-washing... you name it! 

Anyway, so that's what we have been up to.  I was too tired tonight to do anymore work so I figured I'd throw up a quick blog.  Other than all this drama, everything is good!  Kids are great.  I really need to post some things on them so I will maybe try one day this week to at least post some pictures.

For now, I will leave you with a link to our new home so you can check out how wonderful it is. We have lots of extra space so please come see it in person!  It's on a little cul-de-sac. The backyard is fabulous with a great greenbelt view and we hope to have many a get-together with friends there.  Click below to see the house - there are about 20 pictures!

http://www.trulia.com/property/1060125801-1152-Waimea-Bnd-Round-Rock-TX-78681

And just because I can't post a blog without a picture... here you go!
Evan - after the Thomas the Train show we took him to. He loved it!  And Bryce and I enjoyed watching how much he enjoyed it. He sat through it wonderfully and loved participating.

Caitlin cooling off in our little pool.  They were so hot after an outdoor birthday party this past weekend that I wanted to cool them off.  So I just stripped them down to nothing and let them spash in the pool.  They had so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. wow! the house is beautiful!! and just amazing!! I can see why yall jumped on it! It was so fun this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete