I'm really trying to catch up on the blog!! Maybe even get through Summer before Christmas!
For some reason, the weather does NOT seem to cooperate when we go up to Michigan - it's like it knows we are coming and hence turns cold and rainy. But, we make the most of it. One day, we went downtown to Midland and the Farmers market - always a hit, especially when there is a guy making balloon creations!
Then, we walked over the Tridge - it's a three-way bridge where 2 rivers intersect - pretty cool!
And after that, we got to go play footgolf! I'd never heard of footgolf before, but they have it at the golf course where Papa works in the summer. It was so neat! We had a blast playing. I found out they even have one here in Austin that we will need to go try sometime (if it ever stops raining!).
Another fun activity one day was car washing! Who knew? I guess I should put my kids to work at home more often. Although it might be Papa and Mema who make it so fun!
And even though we had some rainy/cold weather, we still managed to get out and try some fishing off the dock. Just like in Ohio, the fish were biting like crazy! We pulled in tons of fish and the kids had a blast!
One day, we went to Papa's work and then to a park - Evan discovered the game Battleship and loved playing it!
And Caitlin discovered Mema's hair rollers which we HAD to try...
And just like that, our week long visit was over. It was time to drive back to Texas. We were sad to leave but knew we'd see them again in Austin just a month later for Evan's birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment