Our last day on Maui we spent just relaxing around our hotel. We went for a run along the beach trail in the morning, had a late breakfast, and then lounged at the pool for most of the day. It was great. The next day, we packed up and flew to Kauai for the second half of our trip.
As soon as we got to Kauai, we had lunch and then took a helicopter tour of the island. AMAZING! This was probably the highlight of the trip. I was nervous since I've never been on a helicopter (and get motion sickness) but I was good. And we even flew with the doors off. Highly recommend... I never felt unsafe and the views it afforded were awesome.
Our pilot was a great tour guide and the views were just stunning. Most of Kauai is inaccessible so this really was the best way to see it. We flew threw canyons including Waimea Canyon, saw tons of waterfalls, saw the Napali coast which is breathtaking. Our tour was just the two of us and the pilot. We used Mauna Loa Helicopters which I'd definitely recommend if you are ever in Kauai.
Here are some of the pictures I took from the trip.
Going over the first mountain
Gorgeous waterfalls all around
This was taking looking down out of the helicopter
Look at all the cascading waterfalls from this basin
I love how the land just ripples like water
Here is Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon" of Hawaii
We actually hiked to the top of this waterfall the next day
First view of the Napali Coast
Beautiful Napali Coast
A great helicopter ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment