Monday, April 14, 2014

Zilker Botanical Garden

Another day of our spring break, we took a trip to the Zilker Botanical Gardens. They have a special exhibit this spring which is all about Faerie Houses!  My kids are kind of obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates. They actual have been really into making little Faerie Houses with our nanny out of cardboard so I thought they would love this.

The Faerie Houses are all along this trail. Some of them are kind of hidden so it was an adventure to find them!  Each house was made by an artist and they were all so different.


After walking the trail, we went over to see some of the rest of the botanical gardens. I've only been once or twice before and we had family visiting so we wanted to make the most of our visit.

Aunt Shell and the kiddos

Standing in front of the waterfall.

One of the best parts of the botanical gardens is the Japanese Garden.  It's so beautiful and interesting. I love it. The kids LOVED walking through the pond on the walks. I have to say I was really nervous about it... I mean, I knew they wouldn't drown but I really didn't want them getting soaked.

But they both proved I had no reason to worry! They each went with an adult the first time but they really didn't need the help.  They later went back and each did it all by themselves.



It turned out to be a great day for visiting, and everyone had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment