One tradition we started with the kids is to make cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa (and us). This year, I tried a new recipe and the dough was amazing! First time my cookies didn't spread at all. I was very wary because at first as the dough looked super crumbly. But it came together great.
Kids helping me roll out the dough and then cut the cookies. NOTE: I put the dough between 2 pieces of wax paper - no sticking to the roller, no messy flour - SUPER EASY! Got this off the same site as the recipe. Genius!
After they cooked and cooled, we were ready for some decorating fun. Uncle Will even helped!
Our setup! (You can see our countdown to Christmas sign too.)
Caitlin working on her cookies
Evan concentrating hard on his decorating.
They both did a great job decorating and we didn't make too big of a mess. Score!
Ryan wasn't quite old enough to help this year, but he enjoyed playing on the floor! As you can see it was a pajama kind of day. I loved being lazy around the house, making our cookies, and listening to Christmas music until it was time to go to church. Perfect way to spend our Christmas Eve.

No comments:
Post a Comment