Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some Updates!

Sorry for the long time between entries, but we've been busy! Evan and I headed to Florida for the July 4th weekend to spend time with my family. We had a great time. He did really well on the drive there (11 hours by car) and okay on the way back. We spent time at the beach and the pool. Unfortunately, we didn't spend too much time at the beach because there were jellyfish in the water! Still, we had fun and got to meet my Cousin Ashley's little boy, Davin, who is now almost 9 months.

After that, we've just been trying to get settled back into life in Austin. We have a pretty busy month coming up with some visitors next weekend (my college friends) and Bryce's mom the weekend after that. Plus, hard to believe, but Evan will be 1 year old in less than a month so Mom has some party planning to do!

As far as Evan goes, he is totally walking now. I will try and post a video. He just motors everywhere on two feet now. He can walk from object to object, around the entire house, and changes directions while walking. It's very exciting (especially the part where I won't have to carry him anymore because he's really heavy!). He's so big that he's out of his infant car seat and into the convertible car seat. He is very into clapping and pointing these days. He also loves to shake his head no when I shake my head yes... not sure that's a good thing :) And, he officially has said his first word............ DOG! He points at Sierra or his dog book and says dog. So, we are marking it in his baby book. No surprise that was his first word since he loves Sierra. He also just got a new tooth (another bottom one) and probably will get the match to that here shortly as well (based on his fussiness and drooling).

I guess that's it! I will try and post his 11th month album and some walking videos if I get a chance. I just wanted to at least get an update written since it has been almost two weeks! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment